Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Put your goods in the store

Sometimes I'm under the strong impression I do possess psychic powers, in spite of the fact that there has never been any evidence to back up such a bold claim. If you go to church you might be able to empathize on a superficial level at least.

I'm bringing this up, because over the course of the last week, I have been checking out ways to monetize HTML5 games. One of the most intruiging options at this point in time is putting your projects on the Google Chrome Web Store. Also the documentation doesn't make it seem all too hard to do so, even for the likes of developers with very rudimentary coding skills.

And today, facing the harsh reality after a celebratory weekend, my first way on the web lead me to the download of the current Construct 2 release 63, with the big new feature of publishing to the Chrome store. So yes, I'm crediting this latest addition mostly to my psychic powers, influencing the boys over at Scirra unbeknownst to them. You're welcome!

There is also the fitting tutorial, which makes it obvious how trivial it has become to put your Construct 2-made HTML5 games on the store. Beware though, there isn't yet support for the licensing API, which you need to make use of if you want to sell your game. So unless you're willing to make your own custom solution, it's all freebies for now.

All that's left to say: go ahead and grab the current C2 release!

No comments:

Post a Comment